Terrace Gardening Part 2
This is second in a series of posts on terrace gardening. You can read the first part here.
Planning for Your Terrace Garden
A terrace garden needs proper planning before it can be executed. Even if you use it only for a few months of the year or a few times in a day, it would add another room to your house, a room that provides relaxation and joy. Decide clearly how big a garden you want on your terrace, what you want to plant and where and how much space with be left? Consider a few points:
- Choose a good sunny spot because most flowers and vegetables needs at least 4 hours of sunlight in a day.
- What are your personal needs? Do you want the terrace to be used for other purposes too, or will it house only your beautiful garden?
- Create harmony between your lawn and terrace, by making one bigger than the other.
- Use the available space innovatively to get the best out of your terrace garden.
Choosing Plants for the Terrace Garden
Choose plants based on
- The space available and the expected spread of foliage
- Soil depth
- The root system of a plant. The plants you choose should have a shallow root system.
- Choose plants which are not delicate and are capable of withstanding windy conditions
- The shape and color of plants should complement the design of your terrace.
- Before selecting a plant consider it’s growing rate and its position in the terrace when it is fully grown
- If there is less sunlight on your terrace, get shade loving plants.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.
Leave a comment
Subscribe to get Updates
Like Us on Facebook
- April 2014 (2)
- March 2014 (3)
- February 2014 (3)
- January 2014 (3)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (4)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (4)
- August 2013 (3)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- March 2013 (3)
- February 2013 (5)
- January 2013 (4)
- December 2012 (4)
- November 2012 (4)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (3)
- July 2012 (4)
- June 2012 (3)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (3)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (5)
- September 2011 (7)
- August 2011 (6)
- http://www.madmadrasi.net on 15 Interesting Facts About Flowers
- Anonymous on Sharpex Lawn Mowers used by Top Indian Corporate Houses
- Anonymous on 10 Most Beautiful Gardens of The World
- Anonymous on Vastu Tips for Garden Landscaping
- Anonymous on How to Adapt Your Garden for Your Family